Rule 1. Back your argument up
Rule 2. Respect other people’s work
Rule 3. Know thyself
Rule 4. Be open to other ideas
Rule 5. Stick to the point
Rule 6. Discuss
If the topic you want to address is under discussion below, please double click the message you want to respond to to insert your response, instead of using the Comment box.
I'm putting this on the discuss page. I'll move it on a dedicated workspace when it's created.
+ THE anomaly Anomalies are deviations from the ordinary. Imagine that we tackle the very idea of what's ordinary. Imagine that we take machines which produce the ordinary and ask them if they tend to have their mood swings. That's what the Global Consciousness Project is doing. The GCP has disseminated dozens of machines whose only purpose is to produce RANDOMNESS. They electronically flip coins unceasingly, 200 times a second, and send results to Princeton University. Then, data are analysed and made available to the public. The fact is, the unescapable fact is, except for some sceptics for hire who can only be described as liars[[footnote]] Also see ["British Science Fascists"] and ["Born Again American Scientists"].[[/footnote]] that chance tends to obey to some other power, let's call it the ''anima mundi''. Not a single hard-nosed skeptic has been able to refute the fact that those randomness machines have this nasty habit of deviating from chance when ''meaningful'' events occur, such as 9/11. [[div style="left; width:320px;" ]] [[div ]] [[=image http://www.barry.warmkessel.com/barry/terror010911stz2.gif height="300px"]] [[/div]] [[div style="padding:15px"]] ''The human brain is designed to see patterns in raw data - even when they may not really exist.'' [[/div]] [[/div]] Who is going to deal with ''that''? We are. And with other questions: [" perception-nerve-transmission | How can perception be faster than nerve transmission?"] ["can-civilization-be-based-on-a-coincidence | The Coincidence of Civilisation"] ''Can Civilization be Based on a Coincidence?''
2009-08-30 00:56:37 I had an idea! Now that we are using the include macro to put our nice little text boxes, and since many of those are actually Anomalies, we could insert ("include") them in the paradigm destruction kit!! —PerigGouanvic
to be linked to from this page
- the perception/nerve transmission story
- the binding problem (closely related to the previous): brain coherence is neurochemically impossible, but still happens during consciousness
- plasma cosmology: evidence of electrical activity right in front of our eyes on pictures of planets indicates that there is an unrecognized all pervasive electrically charged plasma in space (cf the petition against the lack of funding of alternate cosmologies)
- the first humans are supposed to have developped big brains because they ate meat, but hunting requires big brains. paradox. the lacustrine hypothesis (fishing made our brains bigger) is more likely, but still receives little attention because it goes against the brute survival of the fittest story.
- the Meltzoff experiments on early learning (link to the dedicated part of the mirror neuron article)
- The medieval warm period, not on the hockey stick diagram (link to the article on gobal warming)
2010-01-28 18:51:02 2010-01-04 16:40:20 Hey people, we've got a nice Anomaly here for our kit: http://www.skeptiko.com/eeg-expert-on-near-death-experience/
EEG Expert Can’t Explain Near Death Experience Data… and, Dr. Penny Sartori Finds More Than Hallucinations in NDE Accounts —PerigGouanvic —PerigGouanvic
2013-01-13 00:24:49 Nice page, Perig. You know, it's going to be a 'Dionysian' task (Nietzsche, joy in destroying etc) or maybe a 'Sisyphusian' one (my favorite kind), where you roll the stone up the hill... and then watch it roll back down again.
Let me know if you want any input anyway. —docmartin